OFF: New Farflung Albums

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 16 23:05:15 EDT 2002

In a message dated 4/16/02 5:26:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jasret at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> >Funny was that Len wasn't mentioned, but that's got to be an accidental
>  >omission, even though he wasn't in the original Farflung I don't think.
>  >But now that P-Hed is dead (that's right innit?), and he's always been
>  >a major part of F-Flung live over the past several years (in Ohio at
>  >least) ...
>
>  Not in Northern California!  Neither in the Farflung/Chrome band, the
>  Farflung/Damo Suzuki band, nor any of Farflung's non-backing-band
>  appearences up here over the last few years.

Yes, I didn't know of Len performing w/Farflung either, though he did play
w/the Nik Turner band when we saw 'em in 2000 (remember that, Doug? Dan
Ductor?? ), which is where the stellar live "St. Anthony's Fire" comes from
(Transglobal Friends and Relations). As for FF membership, I have always been
totally confused as well. After awhile figured Gammaknife was LaBelle, but
then his name did appear w/GK on some album credits, didn't he??
 When Science Fails is produced by Len DR ("w/Farflung")...which makes sense,
since it sounds, well...produced... As to the availability of the album,
yeah, should be any day now, but I haven't seen it in any stores yet, and if
any stores would carry it, it'd be L.A.-area stores...then again,
Falcata-Galia/Transparency have a history of delayed releases...I think I
first heard Science almost a year ago!

Yo, JJ-- granted "When I Awoke to Sleep No More" appears live on the Strange
Daze disc, but the studio version is actually much better thank the live
version...the live one being abbreviated and all...

Chuck