HW: Dave Brock

Andrew Garibaldi Deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Wed Apr 17 17:03:27 EDT 2002

Well, one and all,the Star One 'Space Metal' ltd double CD arrived here
today (well over 100 of the goddamn things),and I can report that the Dave
Brock sung, 9+ min Hawkwind medley is just superb. Without a break they give
you moments of Master Of The Universe, Silve Machine, Psychedelic Warlords,
Brainstorm, Assault & Battery, The War I Survived and Spirit of The Age that
are pure magic, driven by a guitar/synths-led space-rock assault that is
positively stellar - superb. The album itself is right down the line
prog-metal with some wicked playingas long as you like that side of the rock
fence. But you just gotta hear the medley - a cracker,methinks.
Andy G.