New Motorhead

stephen lindas lindas1 at ADELPHIA.NET
Thu Apr 25 05:33:44 EDT 2002

I heard that girl had died a few years ago. My friend had been to his
apartment and said all there was, was nazi stuff everywhere in cases.
Supposedly a very impressive collection. Cheers STEPHE
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick English" <nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 7:20 AM
Subject: OFF: New Motorhead

> I'm liking this disc a lot, although not as much as Overnight Sensation or
Snakebite Love.  Two weeks after I first heard it, "Walk a Crooked Mile"
refuses to leave my head.  One question, though:  Why does Lemmy do all his
own backing vocals?  Are Mikkey and Phil not interested, or is it an ego
thing?

> Surprisingly enough, I think "The Game" is a very strong track, even
though it was written as theme music for WWF wrestler Triple H.

> Lyrically, Lemmy is still near top of his game, although some passages are
slightly more cheesy than usual.  It's refreshing, though, that he remains
one of the few over-50 rockers who's still as pissed off as the young kids.
Lemmy wastes little time reflecting on his life as a jet-setting rock star,
opting instead to rail against all the crappiness in the world.  To the
uninitiated, it might seem as though Lemmy was trying to tap into the "angry
young metal" genre. . . but all those bands today, I think, owe HIM a debt
of gratitude.

> BTW. . . I recently read that Ozzy sold all his Nazi artifacts to Lemmy.
In the article, Lemmy said he wouldn't make a very good Nazi because his
girlfriend is black.  Who is this girlfriend?  Is she the chick from that
"Skunk whatever-it-is" band?