E-mail warning

Chris Gibbs chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Fri Apr 26 17:55:44 EDT 2002

Hi ya,

I hope I am wasting my time telling you this ;-)

I just recieved an e-mail (huge but little obvious content and no
attachments).

It claims to be a patch for Internet Explorer 6.0, somehow I doubt that
is what it is!

If you are stupid you might think it is from Microsoft, below is the
e-mail header so maybe you can work out what mail server is at fault in
sending this (big hint: I doubt there is anything wrong at uklinux.org,
Lance, they guy in charge of e-mail, is pritty clued up).

At moment I've got no spare processor so I'll try to figure what it
actualy is latter.

Another hint is that any mail server that allows you to claim your
messages are originating from it rather than yours is stupid.    mail
servers that block incoming mail but are sending you mail should be well
avoided, that is the sort of server spammers like, its set up that way
because otherwise the server will get flooded with return mail and you
wont get your spam.  Unfortunately some such servers also have
legitimate users (poor sods).

Chris

                       pcow057o.blueyonder.co.uk (Content Technologies
                       SMTPRS 4.2.9) with SMTP id

<T5a808550bdac1785b30e0 at pcow057o.blueyonder.co.uk>
                       for <chris at hawklord.uklinux.net>; Fri, 26 Apr
2002