E-mail warning

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Fri Apr 26 18:57:12 EDT 2002

Thanks for the warning Chris, but I think, after all the "virus" alerts
we've had on this list (certainly since I've been here - some seven years or
so) we may all be aware of the golden rules of viruses.

But, to reiterate...

1.  Never open an attachment from anyone you don't know.
2. Never open an attachment from anyone you *do* know but aren't expecting.
3. There is no rule three.

And as a ps to this, remember, Microsoft make software.  They don't put out
virus alerts.  Norton, Sytmantic, McAfee and the like *do* put out virus
alerts, but they DON'T email them to individual users.

Keep your anti-virus software up to date, and for details of hoaxes,  check
out http://www.vmyths.com on a regular basis.  Rob (the guy who runs this -
the site is nothing to do with me, I've just found it very useful in the
past) will give you the gen on all your virus needs.

Cheers,

Rich.

(Who's getting scared about the wedding now...  five weeks and counting...)
:-)