E-mail warning

Chris Gibbs chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Fri Apr 26 19:25:26 EDT 2002

Yi ya,

Yes, but I still know people who are convinced all they need do is not
open attatchments or execute any progs that come in this way.   What I'm
seeing is stuff that if you get it via IE or mailexpress or whatever the
MS mail thing is its going to infect you.   Neither of these are
attatchments.  They get in by pretending to be audio, so then if what
you get your mail with can play audio, and I think outlook express does,
its in.   (all this VB stuff in MS apps is an open door IMHO).   Also my
guess is most people here using MS are using IE set up to play
audio.....  you get my drift?   No anti-virus software is ever up to
date, I just have quick look at my mail with a text editor and I see
whats happening.   I see a music interest e-mail groop with virus
problem and I see virusses that pretend to be wav files.   Don't take a
genius to work out whats happening!

Chris
--
Greasy Truckers Party on the Road  2002