HW: Martian Invasion Postponed

Colin J Allen colin at CALLEN18.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Aug 1 17:35:50 EDT 2002

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!  I was not going to be able to get to the gig
on the 31st!

Yeeehaaaa

Colin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rik Rx" <hw at CY-B.ORG>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: HW: Martian Invasion Postponed

++STAR WARRIORS

WE HAVE HAD NOTICE FROM THE ORGANISERS OF WAR OF THE WORLDS THAT THE GIG
PLANNED FOR 31ST AUGUST HAS BEEN POSTPONED: THE EVENT WILL NOW TAKE PLACE
NEXT YEAR: (MAY 4TH BE WITH YOU)

NOTE FROM THE ORGANISERS, RED PLANET PRODUCTIONS:
Dear fans of "The War of the Worlds", Hawkfans, Sci-fi fans. It is with much
regret that we have been forced to postpone our world premier event at
Heaton Park Manchester this year. The reason is purely technical. There have
been a number of delays in the construction of the Martian Tri-Pods, caused
by Health and Safety issues which means that they will not now be ready in
time for the show. Whilst we could have provided A show, using just the
computer graphics, it would not have been THE show we have all been planning
and working so hard to bring you.Your tickets will be valid at any one of
the tour dates for next year. A number of venues have still to be decided
but we have provided below a list of tour dates and areas we will be
performing. The locations are governed solely by the time it goes dusk in
each part of the country (which we require for the pyrotechnics) and so will
not be changed. If you would still prefer to receive a refund, please call
Ticketmaster direct if you booked through them, or if you booked direct from
us,then please email us at info at celebrationdisplays.co.uk.

Finally, to the many wheelchair users who have written to us. Your comments
have all been taken on board. We will ensure that for the 2003 tour, your
facilities will be the best they can possibly be.

++ MESSAGE ENDS