Hawkwind/Jefferson Airplane LP

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Aug 2 15:57:40 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:28:52 +0800, Bill & Cynthia <freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU>
wrote:
>Doug wrote:
>> It was manufactured for radio airplay on the US Armed Services radio
>> network(s), and was never "for sale".
>
>I might join the US army if they play good music like that :-)

Actually, as I understand it, a lot of the musicians in the
original "British Invasion" bands were first exposed to American rock&roll
via the US Armed Services radio station in Luxembourg (fortunately, you
didn't have to join up to tune in ;^).

And my German copy of 'Warrior on the Edge of Time' (and a few 7"s)
allegedly came from the Radio Free Europe library, so I have to picture the
oppressed youth of the Eastern Bloc being enticed to defect to the west so
they could see the band performing "Magnu" ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com