OFF: (VERY OFF!!) Whistling Rufus / New Orleans Jazz

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Mon Aug 5 19:18:02 EDT 2002

Now, this is going to sound really, really silly...

I didn't think of posting this here, until a search on Google for "Whistling
Rufus" brought up Aural Innovations...  And I thought - where else do I know
people with such a broad range of musical tastes..?  :-)

Basically, my problem is this:  I'm after an MP3 of "Whistling Rufus",
ideally by Acker Bilk and his Paramount Jazz Band, failing that, by The
Dennis Brown Creole Band, or, failing either of those, by any New Orleans
type swing band.  It's intended as a present for my mother (40th wedding
anniversary present) - we had a party last weekend, with a jazz band - she
specifically requested it, they played it, and I was too busy washing
glasses to tape it.  It's her favourite jazz song of all time - I wonder if
anyone's got it, or could point me in the direction of it, either on MP3 or
CD.  I've managed to dig out a couple of country/bluegrass versions, but
nothing swing stylee yet.

Many, many thanks, and a beer for the first person to find this for me...

:-)

(I know this isn't really the forum for New Orleans Jazz, but I'm buggered
if I'm signing up to more lists!)

Cheers,

Rich.