HW: discs stolen

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Aug 7 11:41:33 EDT 2002

I recently had, much to my personal tragedy, my
original copy of the now long out of print Chameleons
CD, "Tripping Dogs", stolen from my collection along
with many of my other favorite discs over the holdiays
last Christmas. It was orginally released on the
Glass Pyramid label out of Switzerland and is
presumably quite rare, and I'm not completely sure if
it was an official release. I am wondering if any
kindred souls could point me in the right direction as
to where I can find myself a replacement copy, or even
in the worst of cases, I could probably live with a
temporary CDR copy of the disc, if anyone would be
kind enough to burn me one in some kind of trade,
though I'd of course much rather prefer the real
thing. This Chameleons CD sure beats any of their
studio albums I have heard, also owning their fine
"Strange Times" and the less satisfying "Script Of The
Bridge" at various points in time, suspecting
"Tripping Dogs" to be some kind of live studio
session. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a full
Chameleons discography posted somewhere if someone
could provide one, or just the directions to one.

On an equally miserable note, I also had my original
copy of Sun Dial's now quite rare UFO label
"Overspill" CDEP, also disappear with the recent CD
theft. I originally picked this excellent CD up in
1991, immediately after seeing their "Fireball" video
on MTV Europe's "120 Minutes", and became a big fan of
this band ever since. This item is also sorely missed.
A copy of this disc would probably fetch at least
between $20-30 today, and I'd be very happy if anyone
has any idea as to where I could find a replacement.
Frustratingly enough, I've already had this CD
replaced once already, after having, much to my
aggrivation, lost my original copy back in 1994,
accidentally leaving it behind in a motel room, a two
years of searching, finally finding a replacement copy
from some garagerock mailorder outfit in 1996, a loss
I truly hated to have repeated over the holidays. It
has to be Sun Dial's finest release to date in my
opinion, along with  their original "Other Way Out" LP
and the scorching "Live Drug" set, possibly along with
the archive remastered "Return Journey" disc. Anyway,
I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could point me in
the right direction for yet a replacement copy of my
original "Overspill" CD.

Not to mention that I also had the original Flicknife
label CD of Hawkwind's "Chronicle Of The Black Sword"
stolen, the Hawkwind album which started me off as a
diehard fan at age 16 in 1988, a totally irreplacable
item, along with the Oldhitz label CD release with all
the bonus tracks, of the first Inner City Unit LP,
"Passout" from 1980, and the Stellar label CD of the
very first Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band album,
"Golden Light", as well, as these three other rare
psych CD's were also stolen along with about 30 other
valuable and favorite discs of mine. If anyone can
help me find genuine replacements of any of these
other discs, as well, I'd be very, very, very
grateful...!

Thanks for any pointers or anything that may help me
out.

-Christian
http://bloomingdales.dreamstation.com/pulp/

---
"I actually saw Motörhead play at least seven fucking
times, right, but I only remembered to bring my
fucking woman along just once!"
- The Cannibal Swinger, King Of Romania

crankstuf: marmelade, makka, kransekake
speedfreak Front 242: take a walk