OFF: Brit Slang!

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 7 12:44:12 EDT 2002

mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK writes:

> Recently, I went past the spot where my first house stood. There is now a
>  government tax office on the site. What a sad thought.
>  But,,,,, the people of Bootle are great
>  Mark

Mark, thanks for the report on Bootle. Pretty much matches what I sussed from
the web-site. Though I figured it also had an "insider" reputation as being
more of a town the equivalent of an "Inland Empire" town, such as we have
here in SoCal. Nice people say they're "nice" towns, the rest of find them a
bit dodgy. If Lister grew up there, and went condom fishing in the canal, ya
know...though he may have been refering to Liverpool itself, as opposed to
the nicer suburb...  C