OFF: Brit Slang!

Michael W Blackman Michaelangelo68 at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 7 21:12:18 EDT 2002

In a message dated Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:27:54  AEDT, Richard Lockwood <rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK> writes:
> Is "smeg" a peculiarly English thing, available only to those overseas
> people in the Red-Dwarf-know ?
>
> (Anyone wanting to know the derivation of smeg should, err, err...

Their is a company in Adelaide called smeg.  I think they make airconditioners or refridgerators.
Isn't smeg actually a medical condition of some sort?  Red dwarf tends to use a fair few gross medically defined ailments as insults.