OFF: Brit Slang!

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Wed Aug 7 22:58:52 EDT 2002

Ok...here is one.....the term "Fag" in "amerikun" slang connotates someone
attracted to the same sex.   "Fag" in the UK is a cigarette.

When I first heard of a cigarrette referred to as a "Fag", it made me laugh
due to the other connotation, and it was a curiosity as to how that came
about to begin with.

Oh well, whatever....just a passing thought.....no biggie....

Anyway, that is a great Nik Turner interview in Aural Innovations, by the
way.....just read it....to keep on the subject.   Nik is real.