HW: OFF: superskrull666

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Aug 8 22:27:38 EDT 2002

Dear all

re. Christian Mumford, aka Charlie Yuga, aka superskrull666

As you all know, this person has recently provoked controversy on boc-l
with posts that appear to have Nazi leanings. There has been some
confusion about whether he really means some of the things he says-
some people are inclined to view him as a harmless eccentric with a
careless turn of phrase, while others feel there is something more sinister
at work. Some have defended him, while others have been incensed and
posted very aggressive responses.

You can judge for yourselves by perusing his personal home page- a link
he always includes in his sig:

http://bloomingdales.dreamstation.com/hawkwind.html

- scroll down and click the HW elephant logo near the foot of the
page.

Read what comes up- I won't quote it here- see for yourselves.

Once you've absorbed that, try this- another page on his site:

http://bloomingdales.dreamstation.com/pulp/anglogermanicfront.html

Draw your own conclusions.

Over the last few days I have been corresponding with various other
listmembers including Ben Cohen, the list moderator, about this. We are
all agreed that boc-l is not an appropriate place for a flame war.
Therefore I ask that anything further you want to say about this be
said OFFLIST. Ben has clearly stated he will take action against anyone
who disregards this request. Likewise, Ben has allowed me to post this
as a last element of the on-list discussion, but has also insisted that this
be the last on-list post about this. However, I thought people might like
to know exactly who and what they are dealing with before they engage
Christian Mumford in conversation about music, or anything else for that
matter.

I and a few others feel very strongly about this and have already
contacted his ISP to complain about the content on his web-site. If you
feel similarly, you may want to do so too. You can find instructions for
doing this at this URL:

http://info.dreamstation.com/contactus

Once again, whether this makes you as angry as it does me, or whether it
doesn't bother you.. in fact whatever you think at all... please keep your
comments offlist.

Thanks for your attention.
--
Nick Medford