FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Aug 9 07:48:15 EDT 2002

mr_bt at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK writes:

> I noticed dave andersons name is lined up with all the other ex-hawkwind
> members that are taking dave brock to court.
>
> seems a bit hypocritical to me......

Yeah, that crossed my mind too.

> also i'm getting a bit sick of constantly reading the quote "the
> spirit of Barney Bubbles and Robert Calvert"

In an argument after the Calvert benefit gig, Jill Calvert appeared to
side with Nik in the newspapers in accusing Dave of a ripoff. I dunno if
her support for Nik's latest assault amounts to any more than having
been onside for that one. There's also no clear indication of Lemmy's
stance, and given past history, I'd wait to see the Court documents
rather than take anyone's word for him having taken sides either.

On the face of it, Moorcock is with Nik, but in every incarnation of
this particular war, from the Hawklords period onwards, that's been the
case. It's clear that Moorcock simply feels personal loyalty to Nik and
that that's the way he'll always play it.

It's a crying shame that this still goes on but hopefully the fans can
be kept out of the line of fire. I'm was quite upset when Andy Gilham
became collateral damage.

> and that Nik Turner is
> doing it for the fans.  When really hes not doing it for us fans at
> all and its really all about money......

Whatever idealism might be present in any dispute, it tends to become a
monetary one the very second that lawyers are involved. Judicial Watch
are the only exceptions who quickly come to mind (they attacked Bill
Clinton on his sexual assaults on Jones and Willey, and his perjury
about Lewinsky, and are now attacking Bush and Cheyney concerning their
financial dealings with companies operating in tax havens and their
questionable dealings with stock options) and they're been funded by a
multi-millionaire.

FoFP