FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Aug 9 16:25:35 EDT 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Doug Pearson wrote:

:Subject: Re: FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam
:
:On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:22:32 -0700, John H. McCartney <scorch at TE-CATS.COM>
:wrote:
:
:>> >Dave Brock also bombarded the internet asking people to ask for their
:>> >ticket money back if they had bought tickets thinking it was Hawkwind at
:>> >Guildford Festival and not Nik Turner's XHawkwind.com-after the
:>> >Guildford Festival had finished a journalist rang up Guildford Festival
:>> >and asked how many people had asked for refunds because XHawkwind.com
:>> >had been substituted for Hawkwind [owing to Dave Brock insisting on more
:>> >costs to the Festival as the event drew nearer]THE TOTAL NUMBER OF
:>> >PEOPLE WHO ASKED GUILFORD FESTIVAL FOR A REFUND ON THEIR TICKETS AS PER
:>> >DAVE BROCK'S MASSIVE INTERNET CAMPAIGN WAS -NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:>
:>
:>Ok, one might suspect that in the case of a MASSIVE INTERNET CAMPAIGN,
:>we might have seen something of it here. Anyone recall seeing fervent
:>posts from Dave warning us off?
:
:http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0205E&L=BOC-L&P=R2425
:
:... not to mention an announcement on the Mission Control website.

Although, I did send something to Guildford inquiring how I would get
my money back, and received a brusque reply telling me that I
couldn't.....

I like to see that I'm NONE, in the above ;-)

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559