FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Aug 12 08:44:16 EDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:47:43 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:

>Whenever I've met Nik, I've liked the guy. It's also clear from his work
>with many bands and festivals that he still has a lot of energy. He also
>seems to be pretty good at organisation where getting various ex-hawks
>together is concerned.

Yes, that's all very fair. I haven't met him but I'm sure he's a lovely
bloke in many ways. And you're right in saying he's had numerous other
projects, which I've had no problem supporting- I've been to see his
Fantastic Allstars a few times for example. And one thing he will always
deserve credit for is his role in the old free festivals.

Problem is that none of these other projects allow him to make a good
living apparently, which is why we get this kind of thing happening now.

Anyway I don't think there's any point in speculating further until we have
more facts. The accuracy of what we've been told so far is very
questionable. I think Brock is taking the right approach by keeping quiet,
at least until things are resolved in some way.

Nick