FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

Si Halley si at SICKTHINGSUK.CO.UK
Mon Aug 12 09:12:19 EDT 2002

> Whenever I've met Nik, I've liked the guy.

I`ve been watching this with interest as, sad to say, I`ve always been
facinated by behind the scenes stuff.

To add my 2 cents, for what it`s worth.

1. Re: the above quote. I think it needs to be said that what is happening
between Dave and Nik in court is between them. Both have always been
freindly, chatty etc to fans. What ever legal decisions they may make, and
however right or wrong people feel those decisions are, it isn`t likely to
suddenly change that. It doesn`t make either bad people because they are
doing what they feel is needed to protect/gain what they feel they have a
right to.

2. Personally speaking, I can`t see how Nik can win the rights to the name
Hawkwind. He left the band. Dave formed and has been there from day one. The
name Hawkwind and Dave Brock are to many people the same thing. Dave IS
Hawkwind. The band members are crew members, valued players all, but Dave is
the Captain of the ship. Most Ex-members would I`m sure state the same.

3. Nik should have gone out under his own name years ago. Space Ritual,
Brainstorm, what ever. I just can`t see what he hopes to gain from trying to
destroy Hawkwind which is what the result would be if Dave lost. Hawkwind is
a band that has progressed way beyond those first few albums. Nik is more
often then not simple replaying 1971/2 over and over, as is his right, but
that`s not progression or creative.

Back to lurking now

Si