HW: Brock's Destruction of Hawkwind Reputation

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Aug 12 11:32:56 EDT 2002

I recall The Sweet having a similar problem years ago, when former lead
vocalist Brian Connelly formed a band calling themselves The Sweet, & did a
few gigs that confused quite a lot of people, including the promoters. I
seem to recall that there was even problems with the band's performance,
which caused The Sweet (the one that was already in existance before Brian
Connelly's version) to lose quite a number of gigs, due to the bad
reputation created by the other Sweet.

In the end they reverted to the names Andy Scott's Sweet & Brian Connelly's
Sweet. Even that wasn't the end, because after Brian Connelly died, his band
started to call themselves The Sweet, but wer persuaded to use the name
Sweet BC in the end.
Now Andy Scott's Sweet have gone back to calling themselves Sweet.

On the business of Nik's band, I liked the name that was used before of
Space Ritual. I'm sure that would be making things obvious without confusing
the fans?

William

> At 13:19 12/08/02 +0100, you wrote:
> >f. rat writes:
> >
> > > If people are as Mr Brock states "likely to be confused" by the title
> > > XHawkwind, maybe they didn't get any GC(S)Es in mathematics or
English -
> > > like not only are the two names spelled differently, they each begin
> > > with a different letter and have a different number of characters in
> > > them.
> >

> Maybe I just know thick people ;-)        A few people thought it was the
> Guildford fest I was going to when I was off to Devon a few weeks ago.
Fact