HW: Brock's Destruction of Hawkwind Reputation

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Aug 12 11:52:17 EDT 2002

On 12 Aug 2002, at 23:32, William Duffy wrote:

> I recall The Sweet having a similar problem years ago, when former
> lead vocalist Brian Connelly formed a band calling themselves The
> Sweet, & did a few gigs that confused quite a lot of people, including
> the promoters. I seem to recall that there was even problems with the
> band's performance, which caused The Sweet (the one that was already
> in existance before Brian Connelly's version) to lose quite a number
> of gigs, due to the bad reputation created by the other Sweet.
>
> In the end they reverted to the names Andy Scott's Sweet & Brian
> Connelly's Sweet. Even that wasn't the end, because after Brian
> Connelly died, his band started to call themselves The Sweet, but wer
> persuaded to use the name Sweet BC in the end. Now Andy Scott's Sweet
> have gone back to calling themselves Sweet.

Didn't Foghat have a similar situation a while back?  Roger Earl's
Foghat and Lonesome Dave's Foghat.  In their case, it was even
worse because (I think) both bands were touring simultaneously!

Looks like they got everything ironed out bet. them and eventually
reformed as one band.  Dave died last year so I guess it's ll in limbo
nowadays...

theo