FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Aug 12 12:58:45 EDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:03:32 EDT, Michael W Blackman
<Michaelangelo68 at AOL.COM> wrote:

>We really don't know whats going on

Very true.

On a whim I just typed "www.spaceritual.net" into the browser and up came
Nik's site. Maybe everyone else has already seen this, it hadn't occurred
to me to look at the site until just now. Oddest thing is that you also get
a pop-up window inluding the same message that Mike H forwarded to boc-l at
the start of this thread , along with the disclaimer:

"Please note that this press release is independent from Spaceritual.net
and does not necessarily reflect the views of Spaceritual.net"

What??? If it's independent from them why does it appear- albeit on a pop-
up with a different URL- when you access their site? How "independent" does
that seem?

I presume it's not independent from them at all, but they felt they'd
better have a disclainmer in case it caused further legal trouble. Which
just makes their whole position look even dodgier.

Apologies if this just further pointless speculation, but OTOH Mike is
quite right to say that someone out there is trying to force us to take
sides and vote with our feet (well, with our cash to be precise). At the
moment I'm leaning to one side so heavily, I'm about to fall over.

I actually wish I didn't care and feel slightly irritated with myself to
find that I do. That's what being a fan for the last 19 years (not as long
as some here I know, but more than half my life) will do to you I suppose.

Nick