HW: OEB update

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Mon Aug 12 17:15:12 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,
Well it's been quite a rewarding summer. I've enjoyed playing shows, meeting new people and seeing old friends. After being off from my 'regular job' as a college Philosophy & Religion Professor for almost 2 months, I'm just now beginning to throw myself back into things like course syllabi, lecture outlines and schedules in general. I've been absolutely thrilled by people's response to the OEBs. As the summer season winds down, and I prepare for work, and my forthcoming wedding on September 29th, I know already that my musical productivity may be briefly effected while Maria & I set up a home. Nonetheless, as I've stated before, there will be a proper OEB skiffle/blues album recorded in the UK early next year.

I'd like to play one more gig or open mic appearance before mid September, but that remains to be seen. Anyone in the greater Philadelphia, South Jersey area interested in hosting a show or billing together let us know. We are looking into 'Warmdaddy's' in Philadelphia, as it's one of the more prestigious blues venues in that city.

To look back on the summer, and ahead to the future, I've uploaded three new tunes on The 'One Eyed Bishops' website http://theoneeyedbishops.iuma.com

Two are live cuts from 'The Garden Party" 6/1/02
and also a Rufus Thomas cut entitled "All night Worker". This cut is a demo, and is simply included to show where I am heading next.

Unlike some artists who ask people to pay for 'exclusive demo and unfinished recordings', ie  www.Patronet.com  , I would be happy to provide this service for FREE!!!

Enjoy the tunes, and see you all soon. We will let you know where and when we will appear next. Till then, Peace.....Mike Burro