FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

Michael W Blackman Michaelangelo68 at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 12 21:01:47 EDT 2002

Hi Nick,

If it comes down to it I am on the side of the Hawks.
If someone tried to start a brand of whiskey called X-Johnny Walker or X-Wild Turkey they would be shut down before the first bottles made it down the highway.  Regardless of their relationship to the original company.
Hell,  there was an australian brandy company forced to change their labels just because they looked to similar to Wild Turkey labels.

I am curious tho - Does Dave Brock have the name Hawkwind legally secure?  Or if not - does anyone know how the legal system would view a claim such as Niks alledged desire to take court action. (and I use the word alledged because I personally don't know what is happening in those circles)

If I may make a point of something.  Mostly to those who deem bands or musicians as something lesser where money is concerned.
If they are making good music and money is being made from that music why should the musicians not benefit from that money.  That is how they make their living and put food on the table and shelter over their heads, etc.
Who are you to say how much food they should have or what type of shelter.  Bollocks.
When you give up your job and money and go live in the woods fully independent of society and its ways then I personaly will take you views a little more seriously -  - maybe...... LoL