BOC, BRAIN: Les Vegas

Nick English nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Tue Aug 13 11:02:56 EDT 2002

>If you are debating between this, *Piece of Work*,
>*To Helen With Love*,
>and *Solid Citizens*, I would probably recommend
>*Piece of Work*,
>followed by *To Helen With Love* if you are judging
>solely based on what
>SOUNDS good.  If "collectibility" is of importance,
>*Fool's Gold*
>followed by *Solid Citizens* might be the way to go
>- then again,
>perhaps Albert could comment as far as what is more
>likely to be "out of
>stock" at Cellsum Records first.
>
>John

I don't have any of the aforementioned discs except "Solid Citizens", so that's the only one I can comment on.  And I happen to think it's a really good album.  There are a few clunkers, but the disc has given me the opinion that JB was really an unsung hero in BOC.  I get more of a classic BOC vibe from this than I have from any of the recent BOC or TBS stuff.

--Nick