Off: Beer (was: Absinthe)

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Wed Aug 14 05:27:44 EDT 2002

> > In London I'd go along with that - Landlord's very often rather poor
down
> > here. (They've got it in my local in Stratford and it's often
undrinkable),
> > but get it in West Yorkshire and you'll change your opinion drastically,
> > guarantee!  :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rich.
>
> However, try it in Durham, significantly north of Yorkshire and it's
> fairly average again. Obviously it isn't a good "travelling" beer.

It doesn't seem to travel well - you're right, although I've had some great
pints of it in the Cooperage in Newcastle.
(Mind you, I had some great pints of Castle Eden Ale in Durham - just goes
to show!)  :-)

I'm a huge fan of the concept of drinking local beer.  In London, I drink
Youngs or Fullers, in Yorkshire I'll drink Taylors, Tetley or Black Sheep,
in Liverpool I'll drink anything that comes in a heavy bottle that I can use
to defend myself...  (Oh, and in Alnwick I'll drink Theakston Black Bull -
because that's the only place I can ever find it!)

Cheers,

Rich.