HW: Voiceprint, and How do you like your Hawkwind sir?

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Aug 14 07:48:03 EDT 2002

In message <200208140051.UAA03366 at listserv.spc.edu>, Doug
Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM> writes
> Jonathan Jarrett
><jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>>        EBS didn't actually issue anything after that, so you could say
>>they never got the chance. _Distant Horizons_ wasn't ready but it
>>doesn't sound bad, it just sounds unfinished to me.
>
>Yes, either a rough mix, or a non-mastered final mix.

Hmmm.... I always suspected it was further from being a finished
product than that. "Clouded Vision" sounds like it was still awaiting the
rest of the band's input, especially if you've heard it live, when it has,
like, drums and everything.  And "Love In Space" was awaiting vocals I
would think- although that one's fine by me as I much prefer it as an
instrumental. Granted there are other tracks which sound more complete,
but I still wish it were possible to hear it as the band intended- I think it
would be an excellent album.

> I seriously doubt that EMI
>would feel the least bit threatened by any Voiceprint release (they seemed
>to have no problem getting Weird 106 pulled for containing EMI-era
>material, which I strongly suspect is the reason for its deletion [I can
>think of only one other plausible explanation]).

Something beginning with L ?
--
Nick Medford