OEB recap: Urban Word 8/13/02

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Wed Aug 14 10:44:48 EDT 2002

The One Eyed Bishops: 8/13/02  Urban Word, Trenton, New Jersey U.S.A.

I can't say enough good things about last night's appearance or the 'Urban Word' itself. The venue is top class, and situated smack in the middle of inner city Trenton. The club is part of a growing urban renewal movement in that part of town. Outside, one sees all the sights of the struggle for survival, inside you feel like you are in an 'upscale establishment', so it's an interesting dichotomy. I highly recommend the place, check it out at:
www.urbanword.com

As for the 'set', things could not have gone better. We had a great audience, and we were joined by four other musicians for the last tune ( which just happened to be 'Hurry On Sundown'. The place totally came alive, and we made some nice contacts.
The tunes were:

Smokestack Lightning
All Night Worker
Hurry On Sundown *

lineup: Mike Burro:  acoustic guitar & vocals
          Jay Adcock: djembe

* additional musicians on 'Hurry On Sundown'

Adam Klein:         bones
Constance Cook:  djembe
Agnes Marsala:    djembe
Unknown:            butter knives

Adam Klein & Constance Cook are: 'Little Blue Heron'

Thanks to everyone!!!! cheers!!!!  Mike

http://theoneeyedbishops.iuma.com