Dave and Nik in "We're mates again" shocker!!!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 15 09:13:13 EDT 2002

> > Indeed.  Provided Dave could get him to stop when required...
> >
> > Imagine the scene - anyone who was at the Hawkestra at Brixton will know
> > what I'm wittering on about...
>
> > [Hilarious story clipped]
>
> ROTFL!

> It literally happened at SD'97.  After guesting with HW (he'd
> already headlined the night before), he came back on afterwards
> for a solo encore, with a broken leg yet.  He ended up playing
> unplugged -- because the roadies gave up waiting, unplugged him,
> and started tearing down around him.

That's nothing. At whatever Stonehenge they played right up the back
towards the army barracks (1982 I suspect), they started arguing over
what to play next. Nik started playing a different song from Huw and
there was fisticuffs on stage. It;s the only Hawkwind gig I ever walked
away from in disgust.

FoFP