OFF: How old is BOC-L?/Paging Steve Swann

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Fri Aug 16 10:42:11 EDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 04:31:11PM -0700, Bill Bradley wrote:
> > Just out of interest, how old is boc-l?
> >
> > I've been on boc-l on and off for years now, and there are many people =
> > still around, who were around in those ancient times (Mike and Jill ;-)
> >
> > But actually how old is the list?
> >
> > Rich W
>
>         That depends on how you define it.  IIRC it was originally "imaginative
> rock" before narrowing down to HW/BOC around '90 when I joined.  Steve Swann is
> the one who started it, but I haven't seen him around for a while.  He could
> give the definative answer if he's lurking...

I'm still around, though I've been so busy with work and
personal life lately that I often catch up on 3 or 4 months
backlog of mail in a weekend.

The bitch of it was that I was just in England a couple days
ago - but I went on such short notice that I didn't have a
chance to arrange to get together with any of the Brits on
the list.  Or for that matter, to see if Hawkwind was
playing.  :)

Anyway, the list is pretty old at this point.  12 years?
Started in '90, and we still have a surprizing number of the
people who signed onto the list within the first 6 months
(or the first 6 hours, for that matter, if Ben, Stu and/or
Paul are still around).

--
Steve Swann      |  Speak to me in many voices, make them all
swann at cugc.org   |     sound like one - Blue Oyster Cult