BOC: Song for a wedding?

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Fri Aug 16 19:38:27 EDT 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 02:57:04AM -0500, E F wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting married next week and would like to use a BOC song sometime
> during the reception, trouble is I can't think of one that would be
> appropriate or easy for a box stepper/jump-arounder like me to dance to.
>
> I was thinking about "I Love The Night," but it indicates more the end of a
> relationship rather than the beginning (unless we become undead ;-)
>
> I'm open to sugestions (and cash gifts).

Well, a very belated congratulations!  :)

When I got married a few years back, (to former list member
"Lurking Girl") we did our first dance to the Secret
Treaties cut of _Astronomy_.  It worked surprisingly well:
the music isn't violent enough to scare any of the older
wedding guests ;-) and it's quite danceable, even after the
tempo steps up halfways through.  It even has a marriage
reference in it.  :)

(Which reminds me, I still have a photo of that which I
meant to send to Al.  Must do that before I forget for
another 3 years...!)

--
Steve Swann      |  Speak to me in many voices, make them all
swann at cugc.org   |     sound like one - Blue Oyster Cult