HW: The Famous Cure

Moonglum . youless at LVCM.COM
Fri Aug 16 23:34:09 EDT 2002

Dear BOC-L'ers

In my never ending search for Hawkwind links, I found an interesting Dutch
page on the Famous Cure, Dave Brock's band pre-Hawkwind (1967).  The page
has an introduction, 2 contemporary articles that appeared in the Dutch
press, and some photos:

http://members.lycos.nl/dph2/connection/famouscure.htm

Here's a quote which will give you a feel for how the original Dutch has
been translated into English: "Leadguitarist Michael Skettery (21) is like
a devil at his instrument. You may as well say that he can eat and drink
with it."  Blimey!

(This & 109 other Hawkwind links can be found on my website, Starfarer's
Hawkwind Page, http://www.starfarer.net)

Steve