HW: MUSIC

Sat Aug 17 13:03:36 EDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 11:49:15PM +0100, Colm McWilliams typed out:
> I wonder if hawkwind and dave brock are aware of this release?

        Won't help if they do, if it is _Space Ritual II_ it's Dave
Anderson's to do what he wants with. I'm not quite sure why, mind, but
that seems to be as true of this as it is of _Yuri Gagarin_ and _Text of
Festival_, despite the fact that it shares material with _Space Ritual_
which is presumably EMI's. Or whomever's owns EMI now. I guess EMI only
have the album masters and Dave Anderson for some reason owns the source
tapes for that gig? But it's one of his and so Hawkwind's only course at
law would be to claim that releasing it damaged their revenue. Which might
be true with _Yuri Gagarin_ but is harder when this stuff is actually
decently done. Interesting that Cleopatra got their claws in though. I
wonder if they have any lasting rights in it as a result? I wonder too
much I think, yours,
                     Jon

--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk