Off: Beer (was: Absinthe)

Mon Aug 19 14:58:28 EDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Richard Lockwood wrote:

> I'm a huge fan of the concept of drinking local beer.  In London, I drink
> Youngs or Fullers, in Yorkshire I'll drink Taylors, Tetley or Black Sheep,
> in Liverpool I'll drink anything that comes in a heavy bottle that I can use
> to defend myself...  (Oh, and in Alnwick I'll drink Theakston Black Bull -
> because that's the only place I can ever find it!)

        Dammit, this is what you did when we were arguing about web
browsers, you'll start by saying something ridiculous and then when
pressed resort to a position so reasonable I can't shake you out of it. I
pause only to note that Youngs appears to get to the US without serious
damage and Landlord won't go more than fifty miles without becoming
furniture polish, and leave it there :-) Yours,
                                                Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Bring Me The Head of Yuri Gagarin_ (because recent
correspondance caused me to wonder, as you do every now and then, whether
it could really be as bad as you remember, and of course it is... )
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)