HW: Voiceprint, and How do you like your Hawkwind sir?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Aug 23 14:52:50 EDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 02:17:08 +0100, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:
>In message <200208220058.UAA25562 at listserv.spc.edu>, Doug
>Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM> writes
>>Simon House is only on two tracks of 'Palace Springs', while he's
>>on almost an entire CD of 'Nottingham 90'.
>
>That would be a reason to get it then... but...
>
>> (Also, you get Bridget on N90, ... probably a minus to some
>
>I'm one of the "some". How much of it is she on?

Of the part of disc 2 of N90 that Simon's on, you'd want to skip over:
The Seventh Star
Back in the Box
the middle part of Ejection that isn't the song Ejection
Your Secret's Safe With Me

... while you'd be fine with:
Assault & Battery
Golden Void (although Bridget sings backing vocals on this one)
Out of the Shadows
Night of the Hawks
Utopia
Ejection (the actual Ejection part)
Damnation Alley parts 1 & 2

... and given that Simon's playing is very hot on these (IMO), I'd think
you'd find this a worthy purchase if you're enough of a fan of him.

Just to clarify, there's a separate Bridget song (no idea what the title
is) in the middle of "Ejection" that's not separately indexed or credited
(just one more example to add to our discussion, Jon!).

Hopefully this will help with your decision ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com