Dave Brock (Melody Maker 26/06/71)

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Aug 26 06:31:02 EDT 2002

MELODY MAKER    June 26, 1971  (page 32)

ANY QUESTIONS?

Question:

"We are hoping to set up some form of laboratory at my school
(Tonbridge) for research into electronic music.    I was wondering how
Dikmik, of Hawkwind, made his Hawkwindiser and if he has any other ideas
on how to make good electronic instruments cheaply."  -  J.N. Delpleish,
Old Woking, Surrey.

Answer:

"We are using two audio generators and a ring modulator connected up to
a Watkins Copicat echo unit which in turn goes through a 100 watt
amplifier and speakers.    We also have a VCS3 synthesiser which is
being incorporated into the PA.   Dikmik has now left the band to go to
the East.   As to getting some electronic things together yourselves I
should go to a local radio shop and get a generator for testing radios
and have a word with the guy in charge, as all things seem to cost so
much these days.   Keep at it."  -  DAVE BROCK, lead guitar and vocalist
with Hawkwind.