HW:was Mission Control Website, now (groan) x marks the rot

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Tue Aug 27 10:28:58 EDT 2002

At 08:51 27/08/02 -0500, Doug Bates wrote:

>Alisa, this is a fact (from MY own experiences, not what someone
>told me): Nik can play with anyone, with or without rehearsals,
>regardless of their musical abilities. Space rock, psychedelia,
>Jazz, Ska, Big Band...
>
>This "enemy" stuff is not for me, have fun.

Also a fact from my experience though (Hawkestra 2000), Nik goes into
choruses at the wrong time, goes into verses at the wrong time, and pretty
much screws up some great moments at gigs. Well, at least that particular gig.
I agree that this "enemy" thing is going too far though. Woulda never have
happened if he hadn't picked a name TOO close to Hawkwind though. And it IS
too close... whatever people on this list may say, I know numerous people
who thought HAWKWIND were playing gigs when it was xHawkwind (lower case
"x", lower case "x"... it was ALWAYS gonna be lower case, if it was there
at all by the time promoters got hold of it).
God, why couldn't he have just gone with Space Ritual (a better name
anyway) right from the start, and all this bullshit would never have
happened?!

Dave