HW: Mission Control Website ERRATUM

Rik Rx hw at CY-B.ORG
Wed Aug 28 14:52:05 EDT 2002

Just a small erratum on the pervious post RE Richard L.

The following section should have read:

YOU WROTE:
"Oh, and I notice that since you're quite happy to slate Nik's usage of the
letter "x", you're main page flies in the face
of all convention, and rather than calling it "index.html", you're quite
happy to call it hw_x.html.
A: Ever since launch, a year ago, the site has discreetly JavaScript
filtered IE users to the page 'hw_x.htm' and
Netscape/Opera users to the page 'hw_z.htm' to make use of each browser's
particular JavaScript capabilities.
So, in fact, a) index.htm *is*, and always has been the 'conventional'
default page and b) it redirects to hw_x.htm
only in IE browsers c) the filename hw_x.html you stated does not exist (no
'l')  oh ya while we're at it - index also
has an 'x' in it - oh dear, better not use that either !!!! :-}

Hope this clarifies:

Rx