HW: Mission Control Website

David Blair drb.serendipity at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Wed Aug 28 15:22:25 EDT 2002

In article <200208281829.OAA02351 at listserv.spc.edu>, Rik Rx <hw at CY-
B.ORG> writes

<snip argument>

>IF YOU GET 'LOST IN SPACE' - CLICK ON THE EYE
>The "hard to navigate" MC site has one very, very simple concept to grasp:
>click on the eye that appears on every
>page to return to the central, 'mission control' launchpad, from where you
>can access all the site's key areas.

Not in the latest release of Mozilla you can't - no eye. Can't see it in
Opera 6.0 either.

>No page
>is more than two clicks away from Mission Control, as per the 'traditional'
>conventions of web-design. As this
>appears much too radical for some to grasp, the new site will have a choice
>of an updated graphical rich interface,
>and a very basic one for those who don't like to think too much. :-}

That struck me as extremely patronising - but there's a smiley on the
end, so that's ok.

How about - 'and a very basic one who for those who want to be able to
navigate/find information easily and quickly and are pig sick of seeing
the same slow fades over and over again and want to make the most of
their modern fast connections rather than visiting a slow cumbersome
site that looks like a nostalgic retro trip for lovers of the 28.8k
modem experience.'

Oops, nearly forgot - ;o)
--
David Blair