HW: Brock's Destruction of Hawkwind Reputation

Wed Aug 28 18:53:13 EDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:18:55AM -0400, King of Comedy typed out:
> REMEMBER THIS. THE REAL VILLAIN IN ALL THIS IS CHRIS HEWITT, IT BEING HE
> WHO COMPOSED THE ORIGINAL INSIDIOUS "PRESS RELEASE".

        I;d be very interested to know how you know that so as to state it
so definitively. The second one we got looks a lot like that since it
arrived from CD Services in almost the same wording not long after, but
the first one with the Moorccok testimonials in it... how can you know who
wrote that?

> NIK WAS PROBABLY HAPPY WITH THE NAME CHANGE, AND IS BEING MANIPULATED TO
> CARRY THIS THROUGH. MEANTIME, NO-ONE IS MAKING ANY MUSIC!!!!!

        Well, Nik and Hawkwind have both previewed one new song at recent
gigs, let's see who gets the album out first shall we. It's not like
they were exactly rushing product out before this fracas. But yes, I fully
agree that the two bands are wasting time they should be using as bands.

> BOYCOTT OZIT, AND THEIR ATTEMPTS TO GET YOU TO FINANCE THE COURT CASE BY
> GETTING FANS TO BUY TICKETS FOR A NIK BENEFIT, HOW UNREAL IS THAT????????
>
> IMAGINE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR FUTURE ATTENDANCE OF "REAL HAWKWIND GIGS"
> FAN VS. FAN? THAT IS WHERE THIS IS HEADED IF YOU LET IT!!
> DON'T LET THESE PEOPLE HIJACK THE PAST IN ORDER TO RULE YOUR FUTURE!

        And yet, look, here you are advising to support one side and not
the other. I'm not quite sure what you're saying with that last
paragraph. Are you attempting to suggest that "real Hawkwind fans" would
cause trouble for Nikwind-supporters if the latter tried to go to a real
HW gig? Or that the band would? You can tell who they are just by looking,
can you? I realise you feel a loyalty here but this is not very coherent
propaganda.

        I'll go to see Nik when he next plays where I can reach him, in
November; I'll do the same with Hawkwind whenever that may be. And if
either of them don't like it they can invite me not to go; but last time I
saw the Hawkestra it was fun, and last time I saw Hawkwind it was fun, and
as long as they keep tickets available to the public I don't really see
what either band can do to keep me away and I don't like the implication
above that you or anyone else would be likely to try and do that. Yours,

Jon

ObTrack: Motorhead - `Killed by Death'
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk