HW: Mission Control Website

Keith Barton keithb at CINESITE.CO.UK
Thu Aug 29 11:37:06 EDT 2002

Guido Vacano attacked Rik with the following statements:

> you are portraying yourself as some sort of web design professional. I'd
> just like to see something (anything) which supports these claims.

> Let's face it, you're into ugly graphics, clashing colors, proprietary tags,
> and gee whiz
> freebie javascripts.

> Some are more "finished" than others. Yours are apparently more
> "unfinished" than most

> As for your 300+ sites, I'd love to see any of them.  could you list five or
> ten of them? Have you, actually, designed a commercial site that is
> currently on the web?

> It speaks volumes for your approach to web design.

> I doubt you're all that concerned about these people anyway

> It's a pity Hawkwind won't go to the
> bother of finding someone who can cobble together a good site.

> The site is a dysfunctional eyesore.

Guido, why not try some constructive criticism for a change instead of this
digital cock waving/ pissing contest?
Asking Rik to prove his web authoring prowess in a public forum is
fundamentally wrong. If you can do better then where's your Hawkwind web page?
C'mon Guido, we'd love to see it. http://www.vacano.com is not that wonderful
really is it? Do you give your brother grief about it? I doubt it.
Ever heard the word Elitist? You come across as one and after reading your
recent emails the first thought that springs to mind is "What a ****."

FYI This email has been written under the influence of a few jars of the
finest Timothy Taylor's Landlord. No doubt my grovelling apology, after
spouting off, will appear in this arena soon...just like others.

P.S. Oh yeah, nearly forgot....this email is "without prejudice" :-)