HW: Mission Control Website

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Thu Aug 29 17:42:08 EDT 2002

> To be fair, I'll give you (and anyone else) the chance to slag my work.
Here are some examples:

> http://eri.uchsc.edu
> http://www.lazertime.net
> http://home.attbi.com/~nycademon
> http://www.spiralrealm.com
>
> Spiral Realm is not finished, and I haven't had time to pursue it. But
then, it's not my primary source of income.

>From someone who *does* class himself as a professional web developer (not
designer), I'd say those are perfectly adequate sites.  Nothing special,
nothing too disastrous - they work, and they fulfill their requirements.
Easy to navigate, quick (at least over an ADSL link :-) ) to load, nothing
too clever (which is something I'm guilty of).  If I were the marketing
manager of a huge multinational company, I wouldn't employ you to do my
website, but as you say - it's not your full time job.

> > Ever heard the word Elitist? You come across as one and after reading
your
> > recent emails the first thought that springs to mind is "What a ****."
>
> Fair enough, maybe you're right. But in the interests of fairness, you
might take a closer look at Rik's posts. He misrepresents himself, claiming
a professional status (and a distasteful accompanying arrogance) that he
does not possess. He treats any and all criticism with disdain. I've found
his attitude infuriating, and yes, I suppose I've over-reacted.

Yes, he does.  (And you're not the first person to mention that, either on
the list, or in a couple of private emails I've had from people on the list)
And maybe you did.  And I think I did.  But hey - what's this forum for if
it's not for expressing opinions?

> > FYI This email has been written under the influence of a few jars of the
> > finest Timothy Taylor's Landlord. No doubt my grovelling apology, after
> > spouting off, will appear in this arena soon...just like others.
>
> Ah, well, maybe we'll meet some time, get drunk, and laugh our asses off
about this. Stranger things have happened.

More beer!!!  :-)

Cheers,

Rich.