HW: Updated Hawkwind Codex now online

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Aug 29 18:27:59 EDT 2002

Now I remember why I took a holiday from the Codex!

To some extent many of the "new" sounds noticed on reissues are the
product of cleaning up the sound rather than remixing it.   And in cases
where the difference is only minimal (i.e. there is no significant
additional or new material) there is no need to assign a new version
number.

I think both FoFP and myself agreed that (please correct me if I:m
wrong!) if a version was cleaned up to the extent that the whole thing
became consistently and obviously improved then it might perhaps merit
the addition of an (a) after the version number and perhaps, a note at
the end to say that version 7a (or whatever) is a cleaned up / digitised
(or whatever) version.    This would assist people in deciding whether
they wanted to go for quality or price in the available versions of the
track concerned but didn't get too bogged down in finnicky details.

But regardless of all that!    Thank you Steve for your assistance with
the Codex.  You've done a wonderful job with the updating and it's great
to see it available again.   I'll go with whatever you decide!

cheers
jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>