HW: Space Ritual Sundown V.2

Bryan Young jwhe10 at SK.SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Aug 31 13:53:01 EDT 2002

What's worse is the fact that the line between these recodings is beginning
to blur:

Hawkwind Space Ritual -- the original one.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6568/hw03asrl.jpg

Hawkwind Space Ritual Vol 2 -- the "other" one, the sales of which benefit
who?
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006BXGU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Now that the artwork of Vol. 2 tries to copy (or at least emulate) the
original artwork, there's a possibility that somebody with a very foggy
memory of his life in the seventies might pick up the album while thinking
that he's getting Space Ritual.  It wouldn't happen to any of us on the
list, but I think we can all picture some guy who can barely remember the
early 70's (for good reason).  So the poor guy gets nostalgic for something
that he can vaguely remember, and gets suckered into buying Space Ritual Vol
2.   (Not that the concert is bad, but why not just call it Ridicule again
and sell that?  Or do you actually get a few more units sold when you try to
copy a product with some recognition value?)

Bryan