Manchester

SUBSCRIBE BOC-L dr_technical dr_technical at MCMAHON66.FSNET.CO.UK
Mon Dec 9 04:32:11 EST 2002

I was there and I thought they played an absolutely blinding set. The
Brock/Chadwick/Davey trio were outstanding with Ali Davey being a leading
force for me. To be brutally honest (someone has to be), Tim Blake was
awful as a support and inaudible during the HW set and Huw was so wasted,
he shouldn't have bothered - he couldn't even stand up. I definately got
the impression the others were embarrassed by him. Arthur Brown was a star
performer and pleased the crowd no end but I thought the inclusion of his
own stuff was a mistake. I think he should take the time to learn some of
the words to the songs (having said that, the Captain was reading the
words to Out of The Shadows!). All in all a great concert though and very
different to when I've seen them before as the venue was so intimate