Lem's bass

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Dec 9 15:00:29 EST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:39:45 EDT, Ted Jackson <tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU>
wrote:
>On 6 Dec 2002 at 19:53, Joe Loehr wrote:
>> I'll betcha they didn't make any for us southpaws!
>>
>Supposedly there are/were only 50 made.  Anyone know if this is true?
>Whatever the production run, it's a rare instrument...

The production run was originally supposed to be 50, but there was some
sort of issue with Rickenbacker that led to them dropping one of their
dealers, who several people had ordered the bass through, so the run was
expanded to 60 so that the affected customers could re-order through a
different dealer.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com