HW: Masters of Rock CD

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Dec 9 15:09:54 EST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:25:53 +0100, Henderson Keith <keith.henderson at PSI.CH>
wrote:
>It's a normal compilation, but has two recent live songs that aren't
>otherwise released, confirmed just now by looking at the newest Codex.
>V.3L of Lighthouse and V.9L of Love in Space (ugh).
>
>I searched the archive and there was a brief mention of these
>tracks by Doug P./Jon J., but that was in reference to copyright and
>authorship I think ...

Actually, it was in reference to the *performance-*, not copy-, right (P-in-
circle, not C-in-circle).  Both tracks are owned by Doug Smith.  Not a
surprise for "Love In Space", since that' an EBS-era recording,
but "Lighthouse" was recorded a few years after EBS ceased operation, and
after the Hawkestra, which I had thought was the last time he had worked
for Hawkwind.

Anyway, I'd consider the version of "Love In Space" to be very un-essential
(unless you don't already have any of the other 8 versions),
and "Lighthouse" to be essential for Hawkfans who are also hardcore Tim
fans, and pretty optional for the rest of us.

I guess it does show who has the clout to get Hawkwind a major label
release ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com