Mary Hansen/Stereolab

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Wed Dec 11 15:34:15 EST 2002

Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

> keith.henderson at PSI.CH writes:
>
>> Hi Folks...
>>
>> I've just heard that Mary Hansen, keyboardist/vocalist of the post-rock
>> group Stereolab has died in an auto accident in her native Australia.  Very
>> sad....their early albums are full of really wonderful Neu!-like
>> elektro-groove music.  IIRC she also worked together in Schema with the
>> three members of the Seattle band Hovercraft, that include the SO of Eddie
>> Vedder (FWIW) I understand.  I saw them in Cincinnati OH and they were
> quite
>> good too.
>>
>> Keith
>
> Bummer!! That Schema disc is fantastic, as is Mary. And what little Sterolab
> I've heard... Chuck

Terrible news. I once drove 6 hrs. to Boston for my first Stereolab gig. The
Paradise was overflowing with people, all locked into one groove. If anyone
is curious about the band, their site is http://www.stereolab.co.uk/ The
albums up through Emperor Tomato Ketchup are my favorites.

Brian