Official Post From Hawkwind

Ben Fagin vulcanfoundry at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Wed Dec 11 19:10:46 EST 2002

Well Said, thank hell it's all over. I kept my boots as mp3s because
there not worth a whole cd. I was forever getting into arguments with
audio perfectionists who sampled these shows at 24 bit, and the sound
was still terrible.

Colin, you did a splendid job, I hope you get a full time job doing
sound, a bit like the hackers who are now top programmers.

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU] On
Behalf Of Michael Blackman
Sent: 11 December 2002 22:29
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: Official Post From Hawkwind

Well some record companies wont fund a live album if the same material
can
be obtained for free.  and I would rather have a record company funded
live
album that is good quality than an audience recording -
If that is the potential case then it will be worth it.

If people are going to give up on Hawkwind and "find another band" over
their (HW's)  perfectly legitimate request for fans not to tape/record
live
shows then they are not fans at all.
Either that or they are simply acting like big babies to get there way.
Maybe they should threaten to hold their breath untill Hawkwind change
their
mind about this new policy.