Official Post From Hawkwind

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 11 20:36:23 EST 2002

These reasons that are outside the points made so far are likely the obvious:
The band is trying to make official how they've felt all along.
They are not taper friendly. Enough said on the subject.
Is it their prerogative to not allow taping of shows?
Is it the right of the paying audience to tape the show?
mute point, people tape whether they are allowed to or not.
Then we get into the topic beaten raw by countless discussions on these
groups: if the quality tapers are muzzled, then the crap that's leftover,
the real bootleggers (who don't give a crap about the bands) WILL release
whatever they can get their hands on. The band will now be more represented
by inferior quality shows that will be sold instead of traded. It's their
call.
bob