OFF: Gong 25th Birthday Party

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Dec 11 21:06:57 EST 2002

In message <000501c2a0a7$93a127b0$d7fd2ed4 at ghostwheel3>, Alisa
<coral at APORT.RU> writes
>Hi,
>
>I was curious how good this live set is? Is it worth buying?

It's rather restrained compared to some of the 70s live material, but
there's some beautiful playing, and I recommend it. There's a great
ambient drone intro on the first disc ("Floating Into a Birthday Gig").

Certainly better than "Live to Infinitea" which I found very
disappointing- saw them twice on that tour, and that album didn't do them
justice. Has anyone heard the new live one "OK Friends" (unusually
crap title)? This is apparently a cut-and-paste of various jams and
instrumental breaks, culled from recent live sets. Sounds like it *could*
be great...
--
Nick Medford